Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Adoption

Here is a little history.  Stuart and I were 100% not on the same page when it came to how many children we would have.  He was done after #2 and I was perfectly OK with never being pregnant again but I had always wanted to adopt.  He was never interested in adoption so I didn't really push the subject.  If we were to ever adopt a child I didn't want to talk him in to it.  Fast forward five years and he decided he wanted more children.  Adoption was then an option.  I will honestly say that when I would look at databases and child search sites I would never check that we would accept a child with developmental delays or behavior issues.  We didn't walk in to the adoption world seeking a special needs child, it just so happens that the child we fell in love with has a special need.  When it came down to it, we were willing to be open to whatever God had planned for our lives. 

Enter -   An adoption ministry that raises awareness for orphans with special needs.  They also collect money to establish grants for children listed in hopes of lessening the financial burden of adoption.  I had visited the web-site over the past two years and prayed for the children listed and donated to several grants.  In April, I was scrolling through the sea of faces with an aching heart and I stopped on a little girl with a pink and blue outfit on.  Her hair was sticking straight up and I looked into the eyes of my daughter.  I have looked at hundreds of kids waiting for families and I had never experienced the feeling of "this is your daughter-go get her."  I showed her picture to Stuart and after a month of soul searching, a lot of praying,  and endless research we decided that she was indeed our daughter.  We committed to her the end of April and we were happily buried in a mountain of paperwork. 



In his heart a man plans his course,
but the Lord determines his steps.
     Proverbs  16:9

Thank you for following us on this journey.  We appreciate
the prayers and support!

                                                            Tanna



1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful and we will support you all we can love from the wahlmeier fam...

    ReplyDelete